“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.”
Romans 8:28

Thursday, July 23, 2009

Clean Bill of Health

In the beginning of June I went to Mayo for a check-up. I had, a week before, gone of my medication. After 5 years of having Eosinophilic Fasciitis (I was diagnosed when I was eleven) my doctor gave me a clean bill of health.

I have started running and can run up to two miles at a time. I find that if I push the limit I regret it the next day. Last week my knee started hurting so I stopped, went to the doctor and found out that my knee went out of place because of my fallen arch in my left foot(my arches fell about two years ago). I am hoping to get fit with arch supports so I can get back to my running and hopefully run a 5K this fall.

I am not a medical doctor and can not tell you when or if you will be free of Eosinophilic Fasciitis. My case of E.F. was different from any my medical doctor has seen. We had no idea how I got it or when it would go away. I write to tell my story and hope that through my blog you will find comfort and hope.

Romans 12:12
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.

Psalms 71:5
For you have been my hope, O Sovereign LORD, my confidence since my youth.







NEW mobile Hotmail. Optimized for YOUR phone. Click here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My little girl will be 2 next month and was diagnosed 2 weeks ago with EF.
There are so many unknowns...thanks for your story.

Anonymous said...

My 16 year old daughter was just diagnosed with EF. Thank you so much for sharing your story, if it wasn't for reading this, I would not have the hope that I was just given by reading your blog. Godbless you and your family.